Are you interested in video journalism? In that case, you might want to follow a course about it. On Saturday 25 and Sunday 26 January 2014 from 10am untill 5.30pm, you can do the Guardian Masterclass about Video Journalism and Digital Storytelling. You can buy tickets untill Jan 25, 2014 and they cost £429.00. Not including your flight of course, that’s the disadvantage for us Belgians…
The course will cover:
• How good online video can be distinct from other forms
• Planning and execution of multimedia reporting
• How to find stories, characters and scenes
• Filming with a smartphone
• Non-news coverage – how can we show sport and culture in a different light?
• Editing – how to turn your raw footage into a powerful storytelling
• Pitching ideas
• Practical session: editing an actual Guardian video
• Practical session: how to best film a case study
• Practical session: editing your footage
I think if you’re really interested and the English is no problem, you should take your chance, because online videos have revolutionised traditional print and they changed the way online newspapers approache journalism.